√ Verified Account

10.26.2009

What Makes [Our] Relationship Work


[RE: @mzsupasav's question to me for her blog]


Before I get started on this topic I have to say that I am not a relationship expert, this is just basically what works for Jaytee && I. Also, how I believe a relationship should work in order to survive. These are my own personal opinions, which I have developed over my past failed relationships. That and the many, many bad relationships friends and friends of friends have been in. lol. With that said…

[TRUST] I feel that no matter what you’ve been through in past relationships should NEVER carry over to a new one. No matter what give that ‘next’ person a clean slate. Everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt, so unless they give you reason to be crazy-insecure girlfriend, DON’T. Be trusting. (i.e., I know people that hide their access codes from their gf/bf. I feel that the only reason people do shit like that is when they got shit to hide).

[RESPECT] This is MAJOR. You can’t truly be happy with someone who doesn’t respect you. And not just you, people in your life that mean anything to you. I was always taught to treat others the way that you want to be treated. Talking shit, being condescending, yelling @ each other… etc… nobody wants to be with someone like that.

[Communication] This is VITAL. I’ve learned so much from JayTee [my boyfriend], he’s the most kind & caring person I know. He taught me how to be humble and talk everything out. I was never the one to talk out a situation; I was the one to be like, “Fuck you, I’m out.” It was easier to run away from a situation, be pissed, && go out with my girls. The typical ‘fuck him/her’ weekend, we’ve all done that. But it doesn’t solve anything, if anything it makes situations worse. I’m glad that now if there’s a problem or petty fight I can put my pride aside and try to work things out in an adult-respectful way. (I am now able to say 'Sorry' and I now know that I'm not always right).

No mind games! No bring up OLD shit in a NEW argument; if you talked it out in the past DON’T bring it up in the present. Don’t let other people tell you how YOU should handle your gf/bf, (especially those ones who can’t keep their OWN relationships in check!!) Know that relationships take a lot of work. No relationship is perfect, nope, not one.

That’s pretty much it. I mean there is a shit load more to it then that. But these are key factors and they’re major in mine && JayTee’s relationship. We know what DIDN’T work in our past relationships, so we don’t do those particular things. Simple, right? We think so. ;-)

- MeiShi <33 [twitter: @prettiesexi | myspace.com/prettiesexi]

No comments:

Post a Comment